Sunday

Chicken and Vegetable Parcel

This is a great, speedy way of using up your leftovers if you have lots.  It's worth making extra gravy and doing a few too many vegetables for your Sunday roast so you can have this easy meal on Monday...


Ingredients (more of a vague guide!)
I sheet of Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
I Onion, chopped
A few rashers of Smoked Bacon
Any leftover cooked vegetables
Any leftover cooked chicken
Olive Oil
Milk for brushing

  • Unroll the pastry onto an oiled baking sheet.
  • In a big frying pan (I use my wok) fry the chopped up onion and smoked bacon in a little olive oil until crisping up.
  • Add all your leftover veg and chicken and heat through.
  • Add any leftover gravy, stir through then put all the filling down the middle of the pastry.
  • Snip into both sides of the pastry to make strips, brush with milk then fold them over the filling, squashing and folding them together a bit in the middle.
  • Brush the whole thing with more milk then pop in the oven (about 200C) for approx. 25 mins.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea Helen! I'm always looking for inspiration to use up leftovers - risotto is the tried and tested method at no 41. I'm going to try your parcel recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola! I love the leftovers challenge...risotto is a regular Monday meal at our house too :)

    ReplyDelete